"A Quick Guide for a Supportive PC Gamer"
With PC Games living a crisis not yet seen before, its time to act, its time for positive pro-action, so I wrote this "Quick Guide for a Supportive PC Gamer" to inspire as many as possible to actively help PC Games survive the very serious problems its facing.
Ways to fight against Piracy:
- Always Buy all the games you play
- Don't illegally copy your own games unless if its for backup
- Complain everytime you witness Piracy
- Talk with younger inexperienced PC Gamers about the damage Piracy causes
- Never use the internet to share full versions but rather only demos, patches and mods
Ways to Improve sales and profitability in PC Games:
- Always buy New Factory sealed
- Don't use the Used 2nd hand market either to buy or to sell PC Games
- Don't lend PC Games or borrow PC Games from friends
Ways to protect and support Freedom in the PC Game market:
- Boycott any PC Games that have Product Activation or other types of agressive copy-protection systems
- Reward developers and publishers not using Product Activation.
- Warn other PC Gamers about titles you know of having Product Activation or other types of agressive copy-protection systems
- Buy more than one unit of PC Games with no copy-protection
- Apply much more active support and protection when a PC Game doesn't have copy-protection
Copy, share, modify or create your own based on this, or do whatever you want with it, but please spread the word about PC Games needing everyone support
By email@example.com (2007-03-15)
Copy found at: http://pcgames2006.tripod.com/supportivepcgamer.htm